Salary – £26,000 to £28,000 potential to be higher depending on experience
Full-time/part-time (minimum of 4 days per week)
Flexible working considered
Closing date – 29 October (close of business)
Cyan Forensics Ltd is a rapidly growing and award winning tech company that is helping to make the world a safer place. Originally a start-up that span out of a partnership with Edinburgh Napier University, now four years old, Cyan Forensics continues to grow in the UK and is expanding into mainland Europe and the USA.
Cyan Forensics helps law enforcement, social media and cloud companies find and block harmful content from paedophiles and terrorists. They also offer effective protection for social media, cloud and messaging apps, and empower governments to a achieve policy goals in these areas.
The organisation creates digital forensics analysis tools that find child sexual abuse and terrorist materials on devices within minutes, something that was previously a slow process. Their cutting edge tech is currently being rolled out by the UK Home Office to police forces across the UK and has been described by the Home Office as “game changing”.
Cyan Forensics recently formed the UK’s first industry body for like-minded innovate organisations operating in a similar field – the Online Safety Technology Industry Association (OSTIA) – and works alongside government, charities and campaign groups to influence and share expertise.
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative and organised Marketing Executive with broad experience across marketing communications to join our passionate team. This is an exciting time to join Cyan Forensics as we scale-up the business and help make the digital world a safer, better place.
The successful candidate will support the Marketing Manager with a range of key marketing and events activities, including:
- Supporting the delivery of key marketing objectives.
- Event sourcing and planning as well as the day to day set up and organisation of events.
- Delivering online events, and setting up and facilitating them using online meeting/event tools.
- Sourcing, writing and delivering multi-channel content (including across the website, blogs, e-newsletters and digital channels).
- Supporting with public relations, the creation of marketing material and brand development, and supporting B2B e-marketing lead generation campaigns.
- The day to day running and development of social media channels.
- Updating and maintaining the website.
- Supporting the maintenance of the CRM system.
- The role does not currently include paid for digital marketing, so please do not focus on this in your application.
- This is not an exhaustive list, the job holder will be required to perform other duties as required in a fast paced growing organisation.
- An underlying technical ability
- Ability to write marketing and communications copy to a high standard
- Understands the role of marketing and communications within a business
- An organised self-starter who enjoys making a role their own
- An adaptable person who is happy for their role to potentially grow alongside the business
- Enjoys working collaboratively and meets new challenges with positivity
- Equally comfortable working independently and in close co-operation with colleagues across the company
- Able to utilise problem solving abilities to find solutions
- Able to work within a fast-paced business, to manage multiple workstreams and deadlines
- Experience of organically growing social media channels and with a demonstrable track record (paid social media is not the right fit for our target audience)
- Experiencing of maintaining websites behind the scenes
- Familiar with using and mining CRM systems
- Demonstrate behaviours and performance that are consistent with the Cyan Forensics values, mission and ethos
- Demonstrate an understanding of Cyan Forensics customers and products, which is reflected through evolving website content and attendance at appropriate events
- Demonstrate reach and outputs from marketing initiatives such as UK and international events, newsletter, blogs and the timely and diverse use of social media.
Salary will be £26 to £28k with the option to go higher depending on experience. Details of employee benefits (including matched pension contributions up to 5%) are available on request. The company offers flexible working, and this role is open to candidates who wish to work less than full time hours (e.g. 4 or 4½ days per week, or reduced hours in another format). Initially the role will be entirely home working due to COVID-19, with a view to moving to some days per week in the Edinburgh office (currently EH3).
Job Progression Opportunities
Cyan Forensics is committed to the career and personal development of its employees. While no specific guarantees can be given as to future career development, which depend on business requirements and any vacancies which may arise, we look to employ people who have the interest, skills and potential to progress within the company.
Applying for the Role
At Cyan Forensics we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. Our application process will involve an initial telephone interview, a practical exercise and a face to face interview.
Cyan Forensics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
We are offering a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience and benefits package including pension and a generous holiday entitlement. Should the above sound like you, please send your CV and a covering letter (detailing why you would like this role, how your experiences matches the role and what added value you could bring to Cyan Forensics) to email@example.com
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.