Cyan Forensics is a start-up helping police investigators find evidence faster. By speeding up investigations into indecent images of children and terrorism, we are improving safety for all.
A Software Test Engineer to support building software for Police customers.
Cyan Forensics is based in CodeBase, and has received nearly £1.5m investment in less than two years. You will be joining the team of 10 staff at an exciting time as customers are adopting our first products and we are seeing excellent customer engagement with future products, especially those helping police services share intelligence.
We are looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer to come in and work in our development team. We need to develop a high-quality product to satisfy our customer and underpin future developments, and deliver on our customers priorities of forensic integrity, quick results and good user experience. We are looking for someone who will enjoy learning about our customers and technology, is excited by the opportunity to grow with the company, and shares our values around doing the right thing for the customer.
Your main responsibilities will be working within the development team will be:
- Specifying and implementing the test strategies for the development team
- Test automation (including unit, regression, integration, performance and usability tests)
- Preparing test packages for our customers so they can verify our test results
For the right candidate, there is also an opportunity to help build the customer support function.
Requirements – The skills and experience we’re looking for include:
- Strong fundamental understanding of test methodology, including writing test plans
- Experience in the automation of testing
- Enough development experience to independently produce automation tests
- Working knowledge of maths, particularly statistics and probability
- Exposure to agile methodologies including Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
Experience building quality systems
Additional Experience, in one or more of the following would be valued:
- Familiarity with ISO quality standards (ISO17020 and ISO17025 or ISO9001)
- Cyber Security or Digital Forensics
- Familiarity of working with hardware (e.g. low-level access to hard drives)
- Development and testing of web-based systems
- C# Development and SQL Server
Job Progression Opportunities
Cyan Forensics is committed to the career and personal development of its employees. While no specific guarantees can be given as to future career development, which depend on business requirements and any vacancies which may arise, we look to employ people who have the interest, skills and potential to progress within the company.
Applying for the Role
At Cyan Forensics we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Our application process will involve an initial telephone interview, a practical exercise, and a face to face interview.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package including pension and a generous holiday entitlement.
Should the above sound like you, please apply by email, enclosing your CV, or call for a confidential discussion.
Recruitment Agency Policy
We value applications from individuals.
We do not accept agency CVs and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited applications.