Salary – £26,000 potential to be higher depending on experience
Full-time/part-time (minimum of 4 days per week)
Cyan Forensics is a rapidly growing and award winning tech company that is helping to make the world a safer place.
A startup that spun out of Edinburgh Napier University, now three years old, Cyan Forensics aspires to work towards a world where there is no place that harmful online content can be easily hidden or shared.
The organisations’ digital forensics analysis tools find child sexual abuse materials on devices within minutes, something that was previously a slow process. Cyan Forensics’ cutting-edge tech is currently being rolled out by the UK Home Office to police forces across the UK. With multiple applications, the transformative tools can also be applied in the field of counter terrorism, and by social media and cloud companies to find and remove harmful content.
It is an exciting time to join, the business recently completed a £1.5 million funding round. The focus of 2020 will be on expanding within the UK, Europe and then the USA, and also further entering the counter terrorism market.
Although they operate in the tech and digital field, applicants not from this background should not be put off as marketing, communications and events experience are the desirable skill set.
The Communications & Events Executive will be responsible for some of the key marketing, communications and events tasks, such as:
- Day to day organisation of Cyan Forensics’ extensive programme of UK and international trade events.
- Sourcing, writing and delivering multi-channel content (including the website, blogs, e-newsletters and digital channels).
- Supporting the marketing manager on publication relations.
- Supporting the marketing manager on creation of marketing materials and brand development.
- Developing and supporting B2B e-marketing lead generation campaigns.
Note: this is not an exhaustive list, the job holder will be required to perform other duties as required in a fast paced growing organisation.
- Experience of running and organising events.
- Ability to write marketing and communications copy to a high standard.
- Understands the role of marketing and communications within a business.
- An organised self-starter who enjoys making a role their own
- An adaptable person who is happy for their role to potentially grow alongside the business
- Enjoys working collaboratively and meets new challenges with positivity
- Equally comfortable working independently and in close co-operation with colleagues across the company
- Able to utilise problem solving abilities to find solutions
- Able to work within a fast-paced business, to manage multiple workstreams and deadlines
- Experience of organically growing social media channels and with a demonstrable track record (paid social media is not the right fit for our target audience)
- At least three years experience working within a Marketing, Comms and Events role
- Demonstrate behaviours and performance that are consistent with the Cyan Forensics values, mission and ethos
- Demonstrate an understanding of Cyan Forensics customers and products, which is reflected through evolving website content and attendance at appropriate events
- Demonstrate reach and outputs from marketing initiatives such as UK and international events, newsletter, blogs and the timely and diverse use of social media.
Job Progression Opportunities
Cyan Forensics is committed to the career and personal development of its employees. While no specific guarantees can be given as to future career development, which depend on business requirements and any vacancies which may arise, we look to employ people who have the interest, skills and potential to progress within the company.
What we can offer you, as well as a competitive salary of £26,000 or higher depending on experience.
We offer a matched pension scheme up to 5% contributions. In addition we offer flexible working arrangements, training and development opportunities, company lunches and the ability to work in a truly committed company with a positive mission and culture.
Applying for the Role
At Cyan Forensics we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. Our application process will involve an initial telephone interview, a practical exercise and a face to face interview.
Cyan Forensics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
We are offering a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience and benefits package including pension and a generous holiday entitlement.
Should the above sound like you, please send your CV and a covering letter (detailing why you would like this role, how your experiences matches the role and what added value you could bring to Cyan Forensics) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion – 0131 271 5955.
Recruitment agency policy:
We value applications from individuals. We do not accept agency CVs and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited applications.