Cyan Collector allows a forensic analyst to build Contraband Filters from original material such as images, videos and document files.
Contraband Filters are used in Cyan Examiner and Cyan Responder to rapidly identify if a computer or drive contains files matching the original material.
Cyan Collector is a desktop tool that creates Contraband Filters by computing information derived from original material.
Contraband Filters are to Cyan Forensics what hashsets are to an MD5/SHAx hash search. In addition to search speed, Contraband Filters have a number of advantages.
The Contraband Filter file format is inherently secure — it’s not possible to extract useful information about the contents.
Contraband Filters can be merged using Cyan Collector, so investigators can use up-to-date locally sourced data (e.g. from a current case) alongside larger national databases. Unlikely other blacklist formats search speed does not decrease as the Contraband Filter size increases.
- Build a Contraband Filter from your own data
- Quickly add newly discovered files
- Easily use national and local datasets in your investigations
- Build and merge Contraband Filters
- Simple user interface
- Use on Forensics PC
- Request an online demo
- Hardware Evaluation Kit (includes ready to test hard drives, and full instructions to test using your own data)